2.25.2010

Asheville, Tuesday - Nine Mile


Clint and I drove to Nine Mile for dinner on Tuesday night. It's focused on fresh, local, organic caribbean-inspired dishes. 
The atmosphere is kinda lively, but low key at the same time. The first thing I noticed was the incredible aroma. It made me even more hungry. Nine Mile is a small, dimly lit restaurant. We arrived around 7 pm and had a short wait. I spent the time warming up, dancing in place to the reggae music and watching the staff run around. 

We started with the Lion A Roar, a chipotle fire roasted tomato mango salsa with chips. Different, but quite tasty. You could really taste the fire roasted tomatoes.

I got a Reed's Ginger Brew. Quite gingery - go figure! I wouldn't order one again, but it was nice to try.

Yay for salads with His Majesty's, an amazing ginger garlic dressing. And Natty Bread, locally baked City Bakery bread with a garlic spread. Even Clint liked the dressing :)

Clint stayed awake by taking notes. He had a week of pretty full days for his conference. I always felt like he was about to fall asleep at dinner.

I put away a gorgeous bowl of Jamaican Me Thirsty, grilled jerk tofu with fire roasted tomatoes, garden fresh vegetables, sauteed with white wine & our own jerk marinara sauce. Tossed with linguine & spring onions. Instead of linguine, I had fresh spiral cut zucchini. Yum! I substitute squashes and zucchini for pasta quite often at home, but it was the first time I've ever been able to do so at a restaurant.

Clint had the One Foundation, grilled jerk chicken with garden fresh
vegetables, grilled pineapple, fire-roasted tomatoes sauteed with white wine & folded in our fresh house alfredo sauce. Served over spinach fettuccine. It looked and smelled wonderfully.

Thanks, Asheville, for another amazing veggie-friendly meal!


No comments: